Testimonials About Children

”Rocco’s Story
August 20, 2015
“Here is my short story of hope. As a parent who lost hope when their child had a severe reaction to his vaccines, my son became disconnected to the world around him. He was diagnosed with severe autism and is now non-verbal. Rocco had dark circles under his eyes and felt miserable. I came to John Carroll an emotional mess. He first listened to me and my concerns and slowly stated the healing process. Rocco had candida (yeast over growth in gut) and not one doctor cured it, but johns healing hands cured his belly and Rocco started to awaken. he looked healthy and started to make eye contact, more attachment to the world around him. Rocco sees John on a regular basis, we are truly blessed to see our sons personality return to us and god willing hear his voice. John’s Healing ability gave us a happy healthy son and most of all gave our family hope for his future ;we our truly blessed to have John in our lives.”“

”My youngest daughter Phoebe was diagnosed with Torticollis it is a fixed or dynamic tilt, rotation, or flexion of the head. She was receiving therapy up to five times a week. Nothing was helping and we were very concerned. While at John’s during my sons session who John sees for his autism; he looked over at Phoebe at said “sit her down” I replied “she can’t sit up by herself” he said “trust me”John adjusted her spine and neck without laying a single hand on her and before my eyes she sat directly up. It was shocking a true miracle right before our very eyes. Phoebe went to Therapy the next day and no one believed me nor understood how she was fixed overnight but she was and is and am extremely grateful. She no longer requires therapy and quickly caught up to her development goals.”“

Yours truly
Maureen Carelli

”They say it’s always darkest before dawn. We had some pretty dark days during he summer of 2005. I will do my best to recount what took place and I’m here to tell all of you that miracles do happen. The good news is, this one happened when we needed it to.
My name is Ed Levine. I am married with two daughters. My youngest daughter, Amanda, is physically challenged having cerebral palsy along with a developmental mental delay. She uses a wheelchair but can walk with the aid of a walker for short distances. She is very sweet, caring, considerate young girl with a wonderful personality and a genuine pleasure to be with and talk to although understanding her can be a bit of a challenge. That has gotten better through the years. She enjoys being outside in the warm weather, going to baseball games and riding her adaptive bicycle. She also very much enjoys swimming in the pool because that puts her on a level on a playing field with most other kids.
On Saturday in July of 2005 we had a family party and had a small group of guests, both family and friends at our home to enjoy the swimming pool and the beautiful July day. This is really where my story starts.
Amanda came out of the pool after swimming for a while and complained of a headache. We wrapped her up to keep warm, gave her some water and a children’s Tylenol, asked her if she was hungry or thirsty. She drank a little and she said she felt sick. Then she cried out and said started crying out loudly, we took her inside to lye down but something was just not right. She started drifting and basically slowly passed out. As parents we were beside ourselves, called 911 and the ambulance took her to our nearby hospital. There she stayed for a few hours, not conscious more like in a coma state. Cat scans were done along with other tests. They had no answers for us. I then had her moved to Sony Brook trauma center, as it was a much better equipped hospital. There is nothing worse than seeing your lie child lifeless and being able to do nothing about it. After many tests, MRI, MRA, CT scans and numerous blood work ups, it was determined she had a series of micro strokes, tiny little strokes all over her brain. These were visible on her MRI and MRA scans. Her brain was in distress and seizing and therefore she was unconscious. There was our child, laying there in a coma like state and all the doctors had no good answers for us on anything. We had many doctors as Amanda has had many in he past. We got all of them involved and consulting on this case. NYU Medical center, shriners, North Shore, just to name a few. As we thought, top, top doctors. No one had any answers for us. Ten days passed and sill no change. My wife and I never left that room as we alternated staying with her by her side. Not knowing what to do, we talked to everyone we were close to, to think outside the box “so to speak”. We found John Carroll through my sister. She knew of a girl who had a son that was healed by John. I got in touch with John and that night me being next to her in the hospital and John, over the phone mind you, started working. That was about 11pm at night. The next morning Amanda opened her eyes. She drifted in and out that first day but we were very encouraged to say the least. The next morning she was able to move her left side of her body. There was nothing on he right and no speech. Just her looking at us with a stare that would melt an iceberg as if to say, what happened to me and why can’t I move or talk. Talking about ripping your heart out. Another 2 nights of working with her by phone and on the third day, we sat her up and propped her with pillows so she wouldn’t tip and gave her food for the first time in two weeks. While my sister was giving her some vanilla pudding, Amanda was smiling and liking he pudding very much. She then said MORE. Well, we had a pretty big group in he room at the time, totally against hospital rules but hey were very good like that. A roar came out of that room and everyone came running into see the miracle that took place or should I say part on. John worked with her every day and the part two is nothing short of another miracle. Another MRI and MRA were taken of Amanda’s brain. From what I understand, strokes leave scars behind, yes he body can recover using other paths of blood flow but the evidence still remains. The strokes had vanished from her brain. The doctors were dumbfounded. They repeated the tests again and yes there is no damage. We continued working with John for quite some time.
I’m happy to tell you Amanda regained the use of her right side, the ability to speak and came all the way back to her normal. She enjoys the pool, baseball games and she grabs life and, to the best of her ability, all that life has to offer
I now know and firmly believe there are certain people in this world that possess a gift. Whether a gift of God or faith or something deeper we may never know or if you believe, and truly have faith, you will realize, you have always known and just forgot for a while.“

”Noah’s Story~
My son Noah was very, very ill and in the hospital for almost 1 month, and sick for two months before that. He then had a life altering experience that affected my whole family.
Noah had pneumonia that had walled itself into a cyst in his lungs. He was not properly diagnosed because he kept complaining of a tummy ache. We were told at first by the doctors that he had a stomach virus. When they finally realized that he had pneumonia it was already a cyst. He had 104 fevers every night and wasn’t eating. He ended up at Stoney Brook Hospital. Teams of doctors worked with us to practice their medicine trying one drug after another. Finally after spending 1 month in the hospital and taking the strongest drugs, they sent us home. Noah had a port inserted in his chest and I gave him two drugs through that port for four hours per day. It was scary, overwhelming, and draining process that my husband and three other children had to go through. The suffering that Noah endured with tests after tests, poking, and the prodding to his little body were horrible. And they were to no avail.
Had I been smarter I would have called John Carroll sooner! One night after the full three months of medical treatment Noah’s temperature spiked to 104 degrees. I had finally had enough! He was lethargic and pleading for me to do something. I did, I called John. He did the most amazing thing over the phone. He took Noah’s fever and transferred it to me. As Noah got cooler I got hotter. I didn’t know what happening until John was told me that my fever would disappear within a short time, and it did. Noah felt better and I was so relieved.
The next day we brought Noah to see John Carroll in person. John worked on him, prayed over him, and healed him with the help of a friend that was there with him. He enlisted Noah and my help too as he gave us imagery to do when we thought of it. We trusted in John’s power through faith, and knew Noah would be healed, and of course he was. We also got physical proof from the doctors.
The day before Noah saw John he had an x-ray of his chest. The cyst had not gotten one centimeter smaller since his medical treatment had begun. The week after his visit with John I made the doctors take another one. And just as we trusted, the cyst had entirely disappeared! The doctor said it was a miracle – we know it, that it was God’s power and love working through John. What Grace!
Since that time we have been to see John for many issues. John healed my marriage in just one session. He healed my son’s arm, a tear in the rotator cuff. He healed my husbands hand; it was a pinched nerve in the shoulder. He even cast out an evil entity that came into the life of my son and his friend.
I am here to see John today because I need help reducing my stress, my weight, and lowering my blood pressure. I know that John will help me. I recommend John to everyone that is ill or struggling in their life
Miracles do happen! The biggest miracle in my life has been meeting John Carroll.“

Celeste Devaney

”Matt’s Story~
When our son Matt was injured in a work related fall my wife and enlisted the prayer support of many friends and family who in turn enlisted the support of others. A huge network of prayer was created.
Matt had sustained a severe traumatic head injury, a break in the C6 of the neck, a fractured wrist, and chest contusions. Hs skull was fractured resulting in blood clotting and internal bleeding, and a shift had occurred in his brain. After the operation on his skull we were told by the neurosurgeon that “he had done all he could. He was now in God’s hands.” His injury was life threatening and the next few days would be crucial.
Matt was heavily sedated to reduce brain swelling. Two days later we received an urgent call that his vital signs were not good and the situation was very critical. We thought we were losing him and once again enlisted prayer. Through prayer and the work of capable doctors and nurses the situation was stabilized.
Soon after, the doctor asked that we okay a tracheotomy to be scheduled the following Thursday. During that first week, as we waited for the day of the procedure, it seemed as if time were standing still. We spent countless hours at Matt’s bed side and never saw him budge or move a muscle, other than the movement of his chest as the ventilator did his breathing. His eyes remained closed, black and blue, his head and face swollen. No encouragement or hope was offered. Each day was slow, and we never knew what challenges he would be facing. It was a roller coaster of emotion.
That Wednesday, seven days after the accident and one day before the scheduled tracheotomy, Matt still had not moved or shown any signs of response. We sat at home that evening, waiting, when the phone rang. It was a friend who gave my wife the phone number of a spiritual healer.
“I don’t know how you feel about this, but this man has had a lot of success. You may want to give him a call.”
At the time it was around 10:00 PM and thought that maybe we should call the following day. We looked at each other again and said, “Let’s call now.” The decision to call was one of the best decisions we ever made. John did not say to call back, but rather asked about Matt. He … began at that moment to pray and to spiritually tune into Matt. They gave us much hope and were beginning to bring a new infusion of Gods energy into this situation. We must have been on the phone for more than an hour. Time was of no concern to them.
John … came to the hospital the very next day; the day matt was scheduled for the tracheotomy. We prayed in the chapel at the time we thought the procedure would be taking place. They left and went back to the floor to check on Matt, I was surprised to find that the doctor had cancelled the procedure as Matt’s basic responses were too low. At the time I didn’t understand what this meant.
John … returned that night to see Matt for the first time. They began to pray and to work with him. They sensed his strong will and desire to come back and to wake from his coma. Then John began to talk with Matt.
“If you can hear me Matt, flare your nostrils.” He did. That was the very first movement we had seen from Matt since he had gone to CCU seven and a half days earlier.
“Matt can you move your toes.” He did ever so slightly. “Your father is holding your hand, can you squeeze his finger?” He did.“

The Conduit That Is: John Carroll
L's Story~
As soon as John walked into the hospital room things started to change for the better. John ... found my daughters' picture in their mail box. It was New Years Eve 2002. My brother put her picture in his mailbox with a desperate cry for help. [She] hit a tree in a Honda civic on November 20, 2001. When the ambulance arrived on the scene [she] was breathless and lifeless. Her skull was fractured in three places her lungs were collapsed. The paramedics worked on her to resuscitate her. Her trachea had shifted in the accident so when they attempted to give her a tracheostomy, her esophagus was nicked, leaving an air pocket around her heart. [She] was taken to Westchester Medical Center in a medivac helicopter.
When my husband and I arrived in the emergency room the doctor told me do not get my hopes up because [her] injuries were so severe that he believed she couldn't survive the night. We had been praying between the tears since we got the news. [She] was in a coma and unable to breath. The noise from the hospital equipment was scary. Over a month had gone by, the doctors told me that if Leah did survive she would never speak or walk. [Insurance] told me that [she] was not a candidate for rehabilitation and I should seek placement in a nursing home for my sixteen year old daughter. That was the same day that John Carroll arrived.
Standing in her doorway not even in her room yet he turned to me and said "you have nothing to worry about, this child is well protected, there is a golden light all over her as well as two angels and three spirits." John ... got closer to [her] and started to pray over her. Just as they began to pray the social worker came in with his jacket to leave for the day to leave for the day and said "The strangest thing has happened , I got instructions to transport [her] to Helen Hayes hospital tomorrow." He added "I have never had to transfer anyone to rehabilitation on a holiday but she will be leaving at 10:30 tomorrow morning." [My daughter], still in a coma but on her way to the rehabilitation center of my choice. The next day the ambulance arrived and Leah was taken to Helen Hayes Hospital. John ... worked with [her] almost daily with miracles happening all around us.
John ... accompanied my family and I as we took [her] to a stigmatic priest [...] from Croatia. [She] started to speak full sentences that day. [She] was discharged into my care on Good Friday 2002. [Her] recovery is nothing short of a miracle. She walks and sings and goes to college. [She] is on the dean's list this her first semester 2005. Healing hands are a special gift from God. There is no doubt in my mind that [she] had divine intervention and John Carroll is one of the conduits through which God worked.

"I [JB] was supposed to go into open heart surgery. I worked with John the day before I went in and the night before I worked with John Carroll and I called John in NY. He worked on my heart. I went into the hospital to get my stent replaced but i did not need a new stent thanks to John’s imagery and healing the doctors canceled the surgery. Imagery and healing. A week earlier the doctors told me my stent needed to be replaced because of poor blood flow."

”April 23, 2007

Dear John,

I would like to take this opportunity to express my deepest appreciation for all your spiritual, emotional and physical care you provided to me and my family before and after the birth of my daughter.

This letter serves as a testimonial that my daughter’s problems were addressed and healed by God through your assistance while she was still developing in my womb. The following sequences of events and background information will help you to understand the importance of our unique situation and why we are so grateful to you.

When I found out I was pregnant with my first child, at the time, I was 37 years old, and had been a patient of [my OB/GYN doctor] for over 10 years and was extremely satisfied with her professional knowledge and overall concern for my well being. We were given the choice of hospitals to deliver at and, originally chose [...] it was slightly closer to our home. We signed up for Lamaze classes and received lots of other information regarding child birth. I decided I might be interested in a more natural birthing methods. Unfortunately, the office did not have a practicing Midwife at the time and I would need to change doctors in order to experience a water birth. I was devastated [...] but felt I would benefit from this experience; she was completely sympathetic and wished me all the best. I informed her that I would continue in her care after the birth of my child.

At this time, I decided to check out the Midwife Practice at [another] hospital. I had my first scheduled sonogram/ultrasound at [the hospital] at around 19 ½ weeks into the pregnancy. During the testing, my husband and I we were asked to leave and return in 10 minutes; it was explained to us that they needed the baby to get into a better positioning. When we returned, I was handed a telephone handset and informed by the head Midwife that our daughter would be born with Spina Bifida and could possibly have brain damage and heart problems. She offered the option of terminating the pregnancy. Then they escorted us to their Genetic Specialist Counselor who explained in detail the issues our child could possibly face. As you can imagine, we were completely shocked and confused but, together, we immediately decided to stay optimistic, completely informed of the possible outcomes and continue the pregnancy.

That evening, my mother, whom I introduced to you previously to learn basic understanding of morphology and discuss spiritual and person issues, phoned to update you on my situation and to schedule an appointment with you. Without hesitation, you so graciously re-arranged your schedule to fit me in the following morning.

During our visit, you prayed over and with me and we asked the Blessed Mother to have her son, Jesus, intervene. I recall you saying this will take “Divine Intervention” to heal this child. I immediately felt hopeful and empowered with optimism. There was still a strange calmness regarding the unknown outcome of the birth of our child, however, I was holding on to your words of “visualize a happy, healthy baby.”

After our initial meeting, you suggested firmly, that I return to my original doctor to continue my care. You stated that I should stop trying to control the outcome, this was not under my control- “ Let go and let God, Thy will be done.” Your words played over and over in my thoughts and I continue to say the Hail Mary prayer until I found myself waking up in the middle of the night reciting it. We decided together that I would continue to see you every other week until the baby was born. Right from the start, you stayed positive, optimistic and told me there was nothing wrong with the baby’s heart . This is not what the doctor’s are expecting it to be. This child is special and will be healed by God.

Due to the extreme uncertainty and possible complications, I agreed wholeheartedly with your suggestion to return to my original OB/GYN practice and called [the doctor] immediately from your office. As you might expect, she was extremely concerned and felt that we needed more testing and ultrasounds to be done. I declined to have an amnio because i didn’t want to chance and accidental abortion or other issues. We continued to have ultrasounds of the baby every few weeks. It was suggested to us that we meet the The [hospital’s] Director of Neonatology [...] to discuss our situation and to tour the Labor and Delivery area, as well as the NICU, where our daughter would be initially staying.

I was extremely nervous [...] but since I had been meeting with you so often, I learned and understood that I could ask God for his assistance in working through all the doctors that my daughter and I would encounter.

Every doctor, nurse or caregiver we met from then on, were like angels. They were all so full of compassion and love and so understanding of our concerns and needs. We met with [the Director of Neonatology] who explained to us the various medical issues and informed us of the different possible outcomes that might occur with our daughter’s health. He was quite certain my daughter would need immediate surgery for the neural tube defect and a second surgery a few days later to insert a shunt for the accompanying hydrocephalus.

Since I was being followed so closely with frequent ultrasounds, I was able to update you on the doctor’s concerns and, to my wonderful surprise, each time they had an issue, I would address it with you in our following session, and when I went back for the next ultrasound, it would be healed - changed, or they were unable to explain what they saw. (For example, when they told us, my daughter’s right hip had been dislocated, you worked over me, made adjustments to her hip and I felt a kick that I hadn’t been able to feel up to that point in the pregnancy, it was amazing, but the best part was when we had the next sonogram and her hip had gone back into place.)

All along, you had told me that my daughter’s spinal cord was completely intact. You seemed confused by her initial diagnosis and would say this is not the typical Spina Bifida case. Doctors had assumed that at some point the spinal cord was severed and she would be paralyzed from that point down. You were always curious as to exactly where they felt it was missing. They were unable to pinpoint exact location due to baby’s movements, machinery not working, etc. You continued to be adamant about seeing the spinal cord perfect and complete. You would even say, “See it unfolding and going into place,” (I didn’t fully understand that visualization until after she was born.)

On August 2005, a Friday afternoon, at [the Director of Neonatology’s] request, we met with [the pediatric neurosurgeon] (another angel in disguise) who would be performing my daughter’s surgeries after birth. At this time, he felt that the hydrocephalus has increased slightly and he wanted to deliver the baby on Monday. My doctor had already scheduled the C-section for September 19th, so you can imagine that I was shocked to find out i would have to deliver her almost a month early.

I immediately phoned you to confirm an appointment to meet before I delivered my daughter. As always, you were compassionate, caring, understanding, yet true to your nature, you never coddled me - You made me do al the work- visualize stay positive, pray, have faith and most of all trust God. I was and am grateful to you for your unconditional love and support.

My daughter was born Monday August 2005 by Cesarean Section at 36 ½ weeks. She was extremely healthy and weighed 6 pounds 6 ounces and came out kicking and screaming. The doctors were amazed at how she was moving her legs, however it was evident that she did have a huge mylomenigal seal, on her lower back that would require surgery. Normally, there is no skin covering the opening (they usually need to do a skin graft) so the spinal cord is exposed to the amniotic fluid which could affect the nerves and ultimately cause paralysis, however, in my daughter’s case there was an excess amount of skin covering the opening. [The pediatric neurosurgeon] came the following morning to do the closure on my daughter’s back and met with us. He expressed his enthusiasm at how well she had been moving her legs and feet, but felt he needed to mention that there was a possibility that after surgery she may not have movement. I had no apprehensions about the surgery knowing God was working through him. I said, “She will be fine, she will be moving afterwards, God's will be done.” He was so impressed by our positive outlook, I could tell that he knew that the surgery would be successful.

When [the pediatric neurosurgeon] returned to my room after the surgery, he was smiling from ear to ear. He gave my husband a big hi-5 and was beaming. He said you are not going to believe this - he continued saying, when we cut open the skin he saw the greyish matter, which was her spinal cord, unfold itself and went right back into the neural tube. The most amazing part he exclaimed was the neural tube is completely formed at 4-6 weeks gestation, in my daughter’s case, her continued to grow - This is unheard of in this country and defied all he has known and been taught regarding Spina Bifida. He said it may have been a possibility in third world countries, but they would have no record of it most likely. The child would not get the proper care to survive. Needless to say, my daughter is now one of his case studies and her progress will be followed by him into her adulthood. He said she would rewrite the textbooks.

He expressed concerns regarding the hydrocephalus and said he wanted to return on Thursday to put a shunt in the right side of her brain to elevate the pressure that might build up after closure. In my heart, I did not feel this was necessary and asked what would make him not do the procedure. He replied that when he returned on Thursday, if no fluid accumulated, he would, against his better judgement, consider not doing the procedure.

Within minutes, my phone rang. My husband answered it and said, “ Oh hello John, yes, I think she does, hold on please.” He handed me the phone, to my astonishment you said, “Hello [...], I think I needed to call you right now,” I said yes, I believe so, and explained that [the pediatric neurosurgeon] just finished up my daughter’s successful surgery with the closure, but may need to put a shunt in her right ventricle on Thursday for any residual hydrocephalus, which I was not completely comfortable with. (I had recently heard some dreadful stories about people having mechanical difficulties with shunts and had to have continuing replacements surgeries.) You replied confidently that you believed this was more of a precautionary measure and that my daughter would have no problems. To this day, my daughter’s pediatrician and other specialists that follow her progress have been amazed and pleased that she has had no complications with the shunt.

I apologize for the delay in writing this letter, but as you may expect, I have been preoccupied with being a “new- Mommy” and having returned to work full-time. Now that everything has settled down, I am glad to report that my daughter is doing fantastic! She has full mobility and is in great health. We are blessed to have had your assistance in my daughter’s care and your continued concern and follow-up.

Once again, I would like to express my deepest gratitude to you for helping us to trust in God to make all the right decisions for the wonderful outcome of our “Little Miracle Baby!”

Yours truly,

”Mon. Aug. 17, 2009
Hi John,
Here is a testimonial we are very happy to provide:

“In 2006 our daughter was diagnosed as autistic, at 3 ½ years old. At the time she was disconnected, would not respond to her name, had no eye contact and was non verbal. Since working with John Carroll she gives eye contact, smiles, laughs and is getting her speech back. She now has an inner motivation to engage in all the other services and therapies we have in place. John is a gifted healer and we feel blessed we have found him as part of getting out daughter back.”


”Wednesday July 29th 2009

I know you are very busy and you don’t have to reply but I wanted to thank you for seeing a student of mine. His mom just called to thank me for giving her your information. He is able to get rid of his headaches with the visualizations you gave him.

This summer marks the third since L has been healed and he and I both remember our time with you as if it were yesterday. I remember everything you said and every detail of that room. I want you to know that L and I think of you all the time and we pray for you and for your children and the work that you do. We pray for God to keep you strong and continue to give you the will and devotion to help others. You changed our life and you gave L his back. We are so thankful that you answered God’s call to do what you do.

L after suffering for two and a half years and having a single huge headache for over a year and a half, has literally not been sick a day since his healing day with you!!! He has been voted senior Class president this year, he is a star on his winter and spring track team, setting records in the triple jump, he just bought a car, has a lovely girlfriend, and has faith enough to move mountains. He is thankful for every day he has; waking up with a smile and going to bed with a smile. We thank you and thank you and thank you!!!I know you must hear this all the time, but really hope that you can somehow understand what you give to people and how you become part of our lives. Your love is amazing!

God bless you and your family!!!!
Much love from SJ & L“

”Hello John
Have been thinking of you! wanted to send you a note + say Happy Thanksgiving! This past October was 2 years since we were introduced to mitochondrial disease. We have been in the “new” house for over a year. T is doing so well! He continues to improve. He continues to prove research wrong. All our Kids are doing great! [...] I just wanted you to know I tell everyone about you. I realize you got me [through] some tough days while we were moving, but we survived. I’d call for T “bilocation” treatments, but you treated all of us. Thank you.
T turned “8” in August. We had a big bash with a magician. Was great he started Karate does very well. He can’t exactly run, but he is getting stronger, he is developing his personality + we keep encouraging him to follow his dreams.
Thank you! + Stay well + Healthy this Holiday season!“

”We would like to thank John for the healing session today...

We have prepared a short statement [...] that you may want
To post to your website.
Feel free to edit our plain english

We live in Sydney, Australia.

We have a beautiful 2 year old son, who was diagnosed with autism at the beginning of the year (January 2012).

John started healing sessions for our son (over the phone) [remotely] at the beginning of February.
He was and still is working on our son at different times of the day.

Despite time differences and John’s very busy schedule, he finds the energy for us.

We always receive an answer to our questions or concerns from John.

We wish words could express our feelings and how grateful we are to John for all the wonderful things he is doing for our son.

He is helping not only our child he is helping and saving our whole family.

After first few healing sessions we noticed significant changes in our son’s behavior.

He became calmer and started concentrating on things that helped him excel in various activities and games e.g. completing puzzles, shape sorters, building blocks and other cognitive games.

He is more aware of his body now. Just an example he started walking up stairs without our help; asked to sit on the swing and actually enjoyed it on several occasions.

His sleeping improved, which is a big relief for us.

It was a miracle! Something just clicked in his brain.

John’s healing has made a profound impact on our lives and we will be forever grateful.

Schedule a Remote Appointment